Saturday, July 04, 2009

And the answer to your question is….NO!

No, Barack Obama’s counterfeit comments about Michael Jackson on Thursday, July 2, 2009 do not satisfy me. They do not make up for his insensitivity and insolence and they do not erase the fact that it took him seven days to make the ridiculous statements in the first place. [Cue Toni Braxton: “Seven whole days…and not a word from you! Seven whole nights…ah, and I'm just about through!"] Yeah, I’m on this story like Divine Brown was on Hugh Grant in the middle of Sunset Boulevard.


His campaign ran on the audacity of hope. Yet, I was hoping Obama didn’t have the audacity to come out and make comments after people complained about his abysmal and wholly disrespectful lack of proper etiquette in the wake of Michael Jackson’s death. I had actually wished upon a star that Barack Obama would just continue to ignore the death of The King of Pop so that whatever I had already stated would be the last of it. Now, because he popped his chops again, and let out new batch of pontifical “Presidential” blither, I find myself right back at my pc.


Note: For those of you who feel Obama was dammed if he did and dammed if he didn’t when it came to the Michael Jackson matter, don’t bother telling me about it. I already have the soundtrack to The Wiz and ‘you can’t win’ this argument.


Oh we all know what happened – how it came to be that Obama decided to publically grace us all with a few words about Michael Jackson. Somebody told someone (because many of us have been talking about this since day 2) and they told somebody else and it got back to the White House. Then the clean up crew started spinning like a Kenmore dryer. First, they sent David Axelrod out to tell us that the President had sent the Jackson family a letter. How nice. Well, I can name that tune in one note cause Bill Clinton had already called the Jackson family twice by the time Obama’s “letter” arrived at Hayvenhurst (the Jackson family compound).


If you have not yet heard Obama’s “Presidential” vocal remarks about the death of Michael Jackson from July 2, 2009, you can read all about them here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=7987225


Per the AP, “Obama didn’t see any controversy in the fact that he did not issue a formal public statement upon Jackson’s death, and said he was unaware of any dissatisfaction in the black community with his response.”


So just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, at –2:28 on the tape, the reporter tells Obama that she’s been receiving emails from Black folks who are upset about his lack of proper protocol regarding Mike’s death. Obama then states, “You’re the first person who’s actually asked me about it?” Really? I believe that like I believed Phil Spector really had shaggy hair.


Obama talked to Press Secretary Gibbs about it on June 26, 2009 We all know Gibbs probably asked him if he was going to make a public statement and he said no. I guess he thought we wouldn't notice... FAIL!


“THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary
_________________________________________________________________________
For Immediate Release June 26, 2009

PRESS BRIEFING
BY
PRESS SECRETARY ROBERT GIBBS

Q Okay, I will ask. The President has talked a lot about his love of music. He hosted Stevie Wonder here. He has talked a great deal about what's on his iPod to Rolling Stone Magazine. Well, what's his reaction to the death of Michael Jackson?

MR. GIBBS:
I talked to him about it this morning. Look, he said to me that obviously, Michael Jackson was a spectacular performer, a music icon. I think everybody remembers hearing his songs, watching him moonwalk on television during Motown's 25th anniversary. But the President also said, look, he had -- aspects of his life were sad and tragic. And his condolences went out to the Jackson family and to fans that mourned his loss.

Q Why not a written statement, then?

MR. GIBBS: Because I just said it.

Q And you say he did send condolences to the family -- did he call the family personally?

MR. GIBBS: Not that I know of.”


Source: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Briefing-by-White-House-Press-Secretary-Robert-Gibbs-6-26-09/


RESPONSE FROM:

THE WASET HOUSE
Office of the President
_________________________________________________________________________
For Immediate Release July 4, 2009

PRESS BRIEFING
BY
WASET


On President Obama’s catastrophic failure to properly recognize the death of Michael Jackson:


Mr. President, as a former law professor, I suspect you will attempt to split hairs about what was said. I know you will maintain until the end of the world that you weren’t aware of the public outrage about your failure to properly acknowledge Michael until the AP reporter mentioned it. For one, if your staff is/was so stupid that they couldn’t see this anger coming or that it already existed, then they all need to be fired on the spot! Everyone in the White House can’t be that damn dumb.


You also said in the July 2nd interview that not only were you unaware of the outrage in the Black community over the Mike slight, you said: “I know a lot of people in the black community and I haven’t heard that.” WTF? That’s like saying, "one of my best friends is gay," or, "I can quit whenever I want to." Was that supposed to be funny? Do us all a big fat favor and leave the jokes to Chris Rock. Had I been conducting that interview with you and you started with all of that analysis on the ups and downs of Michael J., I would have said “Ni66a please” right to your face and took off my microphone. Each time new information has come from your office about you mentioning Michael, you have gone out of your way to mention something negative. And, for the record, Michael Jackson is a global figure, so there are people from Bangladesh to Bulgaria who think you suck right about now.


As I wrote in prior reports, your response was no longer needed 3, 4, 5…days after Michael died. Then only thing that was left for you to do when you failed to acknowledge him properly by day 2 or 3 was just face the fact that you fuc*ed up and then admit it. You were a law professor, so if you were scared that someone would be upset about you giving Mike his due because of the previous allegations against him; you should have immediately referred to: http://dictionary.law.com/ and looked up the word "Acquittal."


Personally, I never cared what you thought about Michael Jackson. I never cared if you had his “stuff” on your iPod. I have his music everywhere, not only on my iPod, I got Mike on wax, cassette tape, CD and in my heart. Nevertheless, what you showed me that if you couldn’t get this right, what else will you get wrong? Were you really that mad because Michael wouldn’t perform at your inauguration?

http://myreader.co.uk/msg/1212654921.aspx


I’m glad Michael refused you because you aren’t worthy of the moonwalk. You said Michael Jackson’s music is “stuff.” Well, just as an fyi, Michael Jackson’s “stuff” is the classical music of the last 40 years and will continue to be such. Learn your HIStory. Speaking of history, I was talking to my Mom about this issue. My mother suffers from Obamania, yet she was truly troubled by your lack of attention to detail here. That really means something. My Mom tried to help you out by suggesting that maybe its because you were raised differently and didn’t face the same struggles as the descendants of slavery that you don’t get it. (By the way, I heard you hemming and hawing when asked about Affirmative Action – yeah, I caught that too.) Anyway, since you don’t seem to get it, perhaps you should confer with Mrs. Obama.


From now on though, just keep Michael Jackson’s name out of your mouth. In your AP interview on 7/2, you had time to speak fondly about Kobe (I’mma hit it from the back in Colorado) Bryant. Curiously, I didn’t hear you mention his woes. You called Michael Jordan the greatest to every play basketball (wrong again, that would be Magic Johnson). Funny how you didn’t speak of his gambling issues. Do you see now? Since you went to law school, you might not know that this is called “dropping science.”


Finally, not that it matters in the grand scope of life; but while we still have this feature called the First Amendment to the US Constitution, I am going to call it like I see it. You were wrong when you miserably failed to make a proper statement about Michael Jackson’s death. So, don’t you blame it on the sunshine, don’t blame in on the moonlight – just blame yourself!” –WASET


-end-


WASET © 2009


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh shit! I didn't see this entry before. This is a hot one. You know the Obamalovers are gonna have "beef" with this, but I fully agree with you. I wouldn't want Obama with me in a fight. He really punked out on this one, and then he wouldn't even admit it.

Keep it poppin babygirl. I love what you do.

"Ccc's"

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm thinking you really should start telling people how you really feel. Nah, just kidding I feel the same way. Obama was straight up wrong about the Mike issue and people are going to say dumb shit like he had better things to do, but that's bullshit. I'm with you on this one for sure.

Anonymous said...

I hope they don't come for you. You read him like an ex-wife or something. But, he was wrong.

Kyle C.